Thursday, October 27, 2011

Reunion!

One year ago, in a far away land,  I had the honor of meeting a special little boy. My mother and I were prepared to meet and love on lots of children as we visited our partner, Adoption Ministry of YWAM-Ethiopia.  We spent several days in Adama, Ethiopia at the Widow and Orphan home.  As I held his tiny body, I knew in my spirit that he was special! As soon I returned home from Ethiopia, I shared his photos and his story with my family.  Over the last year, this little boy has been talked about many times over dinner with my children. We prayed for him to gain strength and weight, to be safe until joined with his forever family.



Through a series of God-appointed events, I was introduced (several months before he came home) to his soon-to-be adoptive mommy. I shared my memories and she shared her hopes for this wanted child.  I have watched this family walk a journey similar to our own adoption story and am thrilled to report that Ty is finally home!

This last weekend, Tulio and I traveled to Phoenix to attend the Together for Adoption conference.  Among many great moments of representing Into the Streets of Ethiopia, reuniting with Ty was the highlight for me! What a true picture of grace and redemption! 



Your donations do count!  You are helping save lives! Just as my friend Ty benefited from infant baby formula, there are many more waiting to receive the gift of powdered gold!  Would you consider being a life changer?  $13 (the cost of one can of Walmart infant Formula) can be the difference between life and death.  

If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.
Mother Teresa

Into the Streets of Ethiopia needs YOU!  4 times a year, by faith we support Adoption Ministry of YWAM-Ethiopia with a check of $3800-$4300 to purchase a 3 month supply of formula (to feed all the babies at 4 Widow and Orphan Homes--see map below).  Formula is purchased in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, packed and loaded into a van and delivered to each home. We have completed two formula trips since June. ***Enfamil and Walmart (Parent's Choice) formula is always appreciated and welcomed via donation to Into the Streets of Ethiopia or to YWAM-Ethiopia.  We send as many loads of collected formula with traveling adoptive families or mission trip volunteers. *** We have learned---you can never have enough baby formula in Ethiopia.





DonateNow

No comments:

Post a Comment